Wrapping paper for Christmas.
2. Real tree or artificial?
We have an artificial. It’s nice because we can put it up when we want and not worry that it’s going to get dry before Christmas. But we will probably switch to a real one when this one gets to worn out.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
I usually put it off as long as possible… I think. I’ve moved twice in January, which enforced me taking the tree down right away, so I’ve only got 2 other Christmases as a reference point.
5. Do you like eggnog?
No, it grosses me out. I don’t know which part sounds worse… the egg or the nog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I remember my cabbage patch doll being a big deal and I always loved getting more barbies.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, they’re one of my favorite things! I have one that we got when we were first married and Chris just got me the Willow Tree one for my birthday!!!
8. Who do you find difficult to buy for?
My husband and my parents.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I’m not very picky, so nothing comes to mind.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
12. Favorite Christmas movies?
While You Were Sleeping, White Christmas, the new Miracle on 34th St., Last Holiday, all of The Santa Clause ones, Charlie Brown, more…
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Eh… usually too late.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
For a White Elephant :-D
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas Cookies probably.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas songs?
O Come, O Come Emmanuel, O Holy Night.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
I really like having our own Christmas around our own tree and creating memories with the kids. But traveling can be fun too.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
20. Angel on the tree top or star?
Definitely a star. Angels are probably not girls anyway.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
22. Do you have happy memories of this time of year?
Of course! I love Christmas.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
The whole season, all the pretty decorations, the happy feeling in the air, the good food, the nostalgia.